Friday, March 14, 2014

Jan Thomas

My first experience with a Jan Thomas book was Rhyming Dust Bunnies


I remember laughing out loud right along with the kids while reading Rhyming Dust Bunnies aloud to a class of first graders.  There aren't many books that make me really laugh out loud, I can pretend to laugh or exclaim, "Isn't that funny?" when the kids are laughing hysterically but with Jan Thomas' books I really laugh because they are FUNNY!

There are lots of opinions about what kids should be reading and what we should be reading to them.  I'm always of the opinion that kids should read books they like, books that make them want to read more, books that show them what the magic of reading can be because if we don't encourage a love of reading imagine what they will miss out on.

  



What books make you laugh?






No comments:

Post a Comment