Monday, January 13, 2014

Newbery 2014

I love to try to read as many contenders for the Newbery award as I can.  It's a great way for me to find out about all the new books and share them with the students.  I'm trying to finish up my list by the end of January when the winner is announced. So far I have read:

Doll Bones by Holly Black
Flora and Ulyses by Kate DiCamillo
Center of Everything by Linda Urban
Tangle of Knots by Lisa Graff
Navigating Early by Clare Vanderpool
The Scouts of Sugar Man Swamp by Kate Appelt

PS Be Eleven by Rita Williams-Garcia
Zebra Forest by Adina Rishe Gewirtz 
Eruption!: Volcanoes and the Science of Saving Lives by  
The Real Boy by Ursula Ursu
Counting By 7s by Holly Goldberg Sloan
The Year of Billy Miller by Kevin Henkes

I'm hoping to finish The Thing About Luck by Cynthia Kadohata and Paperboy by Vince Vawter before the announcement at the end of the month.
It's so much fun to see the discussions and guesses going around.
What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment